When you want to take the ferry from the UK to the Netherlands: Newcastle to Amsterdam from DFDS is the best and only ferry option currently available. This ferry to Holland will get you in Amsterdam in just over 15 hours. All on a luxuruous trip
Seven weekly sailings with exclusively evening departures. The next day – after a good diner and casino – you’ll arrive at the harbor of Amsterdam / IJmuiden and you can enjoy your holiday in Holland.
Everything you need to know about the Newcastle Amsterdam connection
- You leave at 17:00 ( be sure to check in early ) and arrive at 9:45 in Holland / Amsterdam
- During the trip you can go to the casino, visit bars, games area’s and watch live performances.
- If it’s possible during your trip ( the coronavirus stopped this service temporary ) you need to pre-book a table at the north sea bistro. An amazing diner experience.
- For your car navigation, use: International ferry terminal Royal Quays in Newcastle. Need help there? Call: +44 191 293 6268
What are the costs for the connection?
For a ferry to the Netherlands the pricing of course is different based on supply and demand.
If you go for a family trip what you can expect is about £ 600 – £ 1000 for a return trip. When you book for two adults only it’s £ £ 400 – £ 700 in total. If you want to cross towards the Netherlands in a very cost effective way we advice to book together with friends and share a room and go with one car. That’s the cheapest way. Other tips to reduce the price:
- Book early. Do it.. Don’t wait, prices will go up!
- If you can: Travel with 4, as you can simply book a cheap room this way.
- Book through official channels and not through a ticket service. Simply go to DFDS and book on the website of DFDS.
- Check the following page on the DFDS website with possible discounts, coupons and offers.
Your trip towards Holland
We wish you the best travel from Newcastle England towards Amsterdam the Netherlands. You’ll arrive in IJmuiden near Amsterdam, from IJmuiden there are several locations you can travel to:
- Bergen aan Zee ( lovely beach town, about 40 minutes away from the harbor in Holland)
- Zandvoort & Bloemendaal ( the Amsterdam beach town, about 30 minutes, good place to drink a few beers and simply have fun)
- Amsterdam of course ( many hotels, good restaurants and a vibrant nightlife, about 30 minutes)
- Haarlem ( vibrant city, which many families, about 20 minutes )
- Other places who are nice to visit but not that close: The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht of maybe a typical old Dutch city like: Naarden. Or visit one of the top NL castles in Muiden.